1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Younis Khan brought a knife to my throat - Grant Flower

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Choi Saab, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Choi Saab

Choi Saab Smooth Operator

Oct 4, 2014
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/cricketaddictor.com/cricket/grant-flower-pakistan-batting-coach/?amp

“Younis Khan quite tough to master. Obviously, a brilliant career. I remember one incident in Brisbane, during the Test, at breakfast I tried to give him a bit of batting advice, not that my career was anywhere near his regarding stats, as he is the highest scorer in Pakistan Test cricket,” Grant Flower said.

“But he didn’t take kindly to my advice and brought a knife to my throat, with Mickey Arthur sitting alongside, who had to intervene. Yeah, it’s been interesting. But that’s part of coaching. It makes it a hell of a journey, and I’ve really enjoyed it. I’ve still got a lot to learn, but I’m very fortunate to be in the position I am,” Grand Flower stated as quoted by India Today.

Surely this can't be right?

YK can be a volatile character if he feels he is being belittled, but surely he wouldn't threaten his batting coach with a knife.

Not 100% convinced on this to be honest.

Why didn't Grant bring this up with the PCB? Or even Mickey? Why is he being blaise about it? Leaves a lot unanswered to be honest.

2. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    I don't understand why people don't believe anything. Why wouldhe lie for? Why lie when you could have said worse things or lie about something else. This has also been confirmed by Mickey.

The man was asked a question about difficult characters and he names Younis because he happened to put a knife to his throat.

3. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
    Now they're going to come out with these because had they said all this during their tenure with Pak they would have possibly faced being sacked over it.

4. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
    Onus is now on YK to prove this isn't true as this is quite serious tbh and surely anyone being accused of it would want to clear the air.

5. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010
    In the current atmosphere, imagine if Grant Flower was a black?

6. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Sep 22, 2012
    Sensational headline.

If it was anything serious then it would have been big news at the time.

probably younis was buttering his toast and pointed the knife at him whilst responding. Breakfast time.

7. Choi Saab

Oct 4, 2014
    Inclined to agree with this.

Just doesn't make sense.

Like I said, a lot of stuff unanswered.

8. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Flower clearly making a mountain out of a mole.

9. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
  10. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010
    Need to hear Younis Khan’s side of the story before making a call on this one.

11. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Sultan of Swing

Aug 31, 2011
    It was a dining knife. Used for buttering toast

That stuff can't even cut through bread properly.

12. Choi Saab

Oct 4, 2014
    Although I'm not 100% sold on the story, what kind of knife used is kind of irrelevant, shouldn't have been done either way.