Younis Khan leaves PCB level III course because there was "no room" for him

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Munna, Apr 16, 2018.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
  2. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    This is funny and shameful at the same time

3. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    So so unprofessional.. and good on YK to make a video or usual suspects would have been bashing him again for being a crybaby

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

4. Patriot

Patriot Sultan of Swing

Oct 8, 2014
    why is he whining ? couldn't he get his own room like from his own money

it seems to me he was just looking for the right excuse to leave this course. Our ex cricketers are so pathetic, they think they were a big deal when playing that they deserve some kind of royal treatment everywhere they go

• Disagree / Dislike Disagree / Dislike x 1
    • List
  5. Patriot

Patriot Sultan of Swing

Oct 8, 2014
  6. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Younis Khan not provided housing, leaves NCA coaching course

LAHORE: Former Pakistan skipper Younis Khan left a level three coaching course at the National Cricket Academy (NCA) claiming he was not provided with a room to stay in.

Khan in a video message said he received an email to attend the coaching course, but when he arrived at the NCA there was no room for him.

“I was given the room of a senior management member to stay in. I have decided to leave because I don’t feel I should coach at a place where this has happened and I have been given the room of someone else,” Khan said.

According to NCA sources, Younis Khan had been invited and not charged the fees for the coaching course.

Sources further added that the administration had sent an apology to Younis Khan and that he had to face some difficulties as he arrived a day prior to the course starting.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/191310-younis-khan-not-provided-housing-leaves-nca-coaching-course

7. Patriot

Patriot Sultan of Swing

Oct 8, 2014
    typical Pakistani ex-cricketer, throwing tantrums for attention seeking. If he can't handle this small hurdle then how can we expect him to take on the bigger challenges

8. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Winner of FIFA World Cup '18 Prediction Contest

Apr 26, 2011
    Oh bhai zara aaram se.

When someone invites you 2,000 Kms away from your home will you not get offended if they didn't provide for your accommodation? Your guns should be targeting the other way. So unprofessional of PCB. They can't even do the basic things right.

9. Patriot

Patriot Sultan of Swing

Oct 8, 2014
    if he can't handle this small hiccup then I'd rather have him stay away from such role because that's a mountain climb coaching a team. He's just not fit for that job I guess

10. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    It depends if housing was agreed upon in the package else he can rent his own housing. He has made enough money to be able to do so. Feeling entitled is what many don’t agree with. again he is a great batsman and Pakistan needs his services

11. Patriot

Patriot Sultan of Swing

Oct 8, 2014
    that's pretty cheap behavior tbh

12. Del

Del Tracer Bullet

Dec 21, 2016
    I don't know if it was communicated or not in between the two parties that accommodation will be provided.

If it was part of the agreement, then Younis is right to complain about it, but he is doing it in a wrong way. Rather than being a drama queen and posting video on Tweeter, he should've approached PCB to resolve the dispute.

On the flip side, if PCB is at fault, then they should've apologies with Younis and resolve the issue.

In either way, it seems a bit childish to post video on social media about such event. It raise questions about someone personality, because is this how you resolve matters in your daily life? Do you post videos on social media of you have issues with a contractor or with your boss? Utter unprofessional.

13. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Tracer Bullet

Dec 26, 2011
    Hmmm sounds like a communication problem somewhere inbetween.

He can always go for it again I guess.

14. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Cornered Tiger

Aug 31, 2011
    Lol he has done more than enough for country cricket team to be given a room to stay in.

Pathetic PCB as usual

• Disagree / Dislike Disagree / Dislike x 1
    • List
  15. Patriot

Patriot Sultan of Swing

Oct 8, 2014
    he's not a King, he's a normal citizen. Shouldn't get high level treatment, he's enrolling for a course like other normal folks. This video seemed like the perfect excuse Younis was looking for so he can stop what everyone wanted him to do

16. Patriot

Patriot Sultan of Swing

Oct 8, 2014
    they did apologize to Younis

17. Del

Del Tracer Bullet

Dec 21, 2016
    Then end of story - no more chest beating.

18. Phenom

Phenom Emerging Player

Aug 23, 2017
    His concerns are valid but this is not the right approach to handle the issue.

19. Patriot

Patriot Sultan of Swing

Oct 8, 2014
    his concerns are nowhere close to being valid. He's there for a coaching course not a five days cruise vacation

20. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Tracer Bullet

Nov 13, 2015
    NCA should be locked up and sold.

21. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Tracer Bullet

Nov 13, 2015
    If it was Misbah or Amir, what would have been your reaction? :D

22. Phenom

Phenom Emerging Player

Aug 23, 2017
    PCB invited him for the coaching course so they must have arranged for his accomodation.Do you go to someone's house as a guest and then live in the rented apartment at night?

23. maddgenius

maddgenius Smooth Operator

Oct 6, 2014
    Drama Queen

24. Patriot

Patriot Sultan of Swing

Oct 8, 2014
    my reaction would have been the same as for Younis right now.

25. Patriot

Patriot Sultan of Swing

Oct 8, 2014
    first of all, he got there a day early and secondly, if he's offered a higher ups house then what is there to complain ?

and lastly his main objective is to complete the course, these whining and complaining won't make him look right in any sense

26. Phenom

Phenom Emerging Player

Aug 23, 2017
    He's given a senior guy's room which might have his personal stuff without even letting that guy know that.Surely PCB must be professional enough to know that they ought to give their guests seperate place to live and those guests are not ordinary people.
    As I said earlier its not right on Younis' part aswell to make a video of it and throw it on social media.

27. Patriot

Patriot Sultan of Swing

Oct 8, 2014
    again this isn't a big deal, he wasn't dishonored or slapped on the face. He could have handled the situation a lot better, instead went to his usual rout aka whining and quitting

28. Dare2Dream

Dare2Dream Talented

May 4, 2010
    YK of all people should know how unprofessional the PCB is. No one will argue that PCB failed in its duties. But it was not about the PCB, it was about giving back to the youngsters and that is where YK failed with the usual ex-cricketer mentality. There was probably a better way to handle this than running away and posting videos on twitter.

29. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    According to the information gathered by Dawn, Mohtashim Rasheed, a coach at the NCA, informed NCA official Ali Zia that Younis was ready to attend the said course. Ali, showing his pleasure sent an email to Younis welcoming him to attend the course, starting at the NCA on Tuesday.

However, when Younis along with Mohtashim arrived at the NCA, there was no room available for the former Test stalwart because some 25 probables of the national team and its entire management are staying at the NCA while they prepare for the upcoming tours of Ireland, England and Scotland.

The same day (Sunday), the national selection committee cut short the number of probables by announcing a 16-member national squad for the Test matches. After which some NCA rooms were to be vacated on Monday.

Due to this very factor, Ali decided to allocate Younis the room of NCA director and former Test cricketer Mudassar Nazar, for one night, as the official was not in Lahore.

A PCB official on condition of anonymity said, Ali conveyed it to Younis that on Monday, a room would be allocated to him. Though Younis went to Mudassar’s room at the NCA he soon left it and later tweeted a message on Monday.

Meanwhile, two Australians namely Ross Turner and Alan Campbell, are to conduct the Level III coaching course with the support of NCA elite presenters including Ali, Shahid Aslam, Mushtaq Ahmed and Dr Sohail Saleem.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1402026/livid-younis-leaves-nca-abruptly-after-accommodation-goof-up

30. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    Useless cry about a small issue

31. Patriot

Patriot Sultan of Swing

Oct 8, 2014
    knew it, he's becoming another whiner now

32. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    Sounds a lot like whining tbh

33. Del

Del Tracer Bullet

Dec 21, 2016
    I gave the legend benefit of doubt but he disappointed me.

34. Dare2Dream

Dare2Dream Talented

May 4, 2010
    It is about giving back after receiving for so long, sadly these ex-cricketers forgot how they got to where they are today.

35. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    PCB not fit to tie his shoes

36. MNA

MNA Talented

Mar 11, 2015
    Nothing new from Younis, been doing these sorts of things for a long time. I was rather surprised at him deciding to join the course tbh.

37. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Smooth Operator

Jul 17, 2017
    What did he do wrong?

It was a lack of communication and Younis was right to leave.

Why are people criticising Younis for? At the very least he hasn’t thrown away a WC and a T20 World Cup nor was he selfish, Younis Khan made all of his runs for Pakistan which should be respected.

No one is to be blamed but you can say next time more communication is needed.

38. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    Complaining on the social media for his personal professional assignment is childish. These things should be handled directly with PCB. YK feels he is entitled to every thing because he was one of our best Test batsman. Entitled to be selected in one day team despite of poor 31 average, entitled to play PSL even though he had left T20i a while back. This entitlement mentality is what is wrong.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  39. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    He is entitled to a damn room atleast. Swear the guy asked for Najam Sethi to sleep with him. Pretty sure if Inzi had done the same the guy would have had a room pre booked for him.

He subsequently decided to be a mentor and not once has he complained about it. Also if Misbah Ul Haq has played 3PSL then YK sure as hell deserved a contract too.

This is not entitlement, it is an insecurity that stems from years of being underappreciated by his own country. People even place Misbah in the same league as him having achieved 75% less than him.

40. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    Actually going to media has worked for him in the past. Like giving that "Goli mar doon" press conference got him selected to 2015 WC team where he failed miserably. Also why does he deserve a room ? what is to deserve when taking a new assignment. He has to work out these arrangements behind the door. If he doesn't like the arrangement he can walk out or renegotiate the deal. Using media for everything also when you have retired and are not on the contract of the board anymore. Again its not only about YK but any cricketer who takes the route of media to gather the public backing and sympathy is unprofessional approach.