Younis Khan may reconsider retirement

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Munna, Apr 22, 2017.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Whispering Death

Nov 13, 2015
    Good decision by YK not to revise his retirement. He is the man. Our best ever Test batsman.

Someone calling him terrible team player, lol. On what basis? However he is, one thing I liked about him, is that , he has always been straightforward.

2. Dare2Dream

Dare2Dream Talented

May 4, 2010
    He should stick to his decision and retire at the top.

The way he pushed his way into the team for WC 2015 ahead of deserving players said something about him. Hopefully this will not be anything like that.

3. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010

So there's that.

4. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Sultan of Swing

Aug 31, 2011
    Yeah also explains his misquoted words to people like @Mamoon who act progressive but first to take up pitchforks against false news just for an agenda

Can somebody translate this for Pakistan Cricket Expert and Mamoon chamcha extraordinaire @Donal Cozzie too

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  5. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Now some people on this thread look like real jokers. And also goes to shows us how some people hate this legend. I don't know why?

7. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    @Donal Cozzie I will translate it for you. Younis says that if I score a hundred in each innings of all 3 tests against WI I will still retire. Don't cast doubts over credibility of Younis Khan.

Hope that will clear your doubts

8. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
  9. Munna

Munna Kaptaan

Oct 4, 2014
    Javed Miandad is our best ever test batsman!

10. Don Quixote

Nov 13, 2015
    No, Younus Khan.

11. Don Quixote

Nov 13, 2015
    You have seen both Javed and Younus. Whom do you think is our best ever Test batsman? I think Younus is better.

12. Munna

Munna Kaptaan

Oct 4, 2014
    If you haven't seen Javed Miandad play, then you shouldn't even be bothering about this.

13. Don Quixote

Nov 13, 2015
    I have seen him play on YouTube. He is a legend, but Younus after his achievements, toppled him from the top spot.

14. Munna

Munna Kaptaan

Oct 4, 2014
    Care to explain?

15. Don Quixote

Nov 13, 2015
    Younus has the better batting average, more runs than him in Test cricket, has played some amazing clutch knocks, etc.

16. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Javed was no doubt excellent batsman one of the best of his era but I will give this to Younis. Younis record is the best in 4th innings in the history of Test Cricket and this goes to show that when the team needs him he is there for the team. But this discussion will go on forever I think. Some will say it is Miandad and others will say it is Younis.

17. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    Whether we think Miandad or Inzi are better than YK. The scoreboards, record books will forever show Younus Khan soaring high above anybody else from Pakistan at number 1.

There is not a single Pakistani Batsman that will come close to even 9000 runs again let alone almost 10K so the person they will be trying to emulate in tests is YK. Not Miandad or Inzi.

18. Munna

Munna Kaptaan

Oct 4, 2014
    You had to check their stats for that.

Let me inform you Miandad battled all his career against the most fearsome bowlers of 2 decades and excelled higher than many greats of the game of those times. 8k+ runs in those era is his guarantee to include him in ATG's of the game and the reason he's regarded so highly by most experts even today. Younis is a Pakistani great for sure but not higher in caliber than Miandad.

19. Munna

Munna Kaptaan

Oct 4, 2014
    If numbers are anything, then Sachin is better than Bradman and anyone else this game will ever see.

20. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    Pretty sure Don Bradmans numbers are superior apart from centuries and runs scored due to Tendulkar and amount of games he has played. There is very little to separate them though. Sachin is definitely 1st or 2nd best batsman in existence.

YK has other stats far superior to Inzi and Miandad too, not just runs scored.

21. Munna

Munna Kaptaan

Oct 4, 2014
    So your answer is in your first line. Miandad is a benchmark of batsmanship in Pakistan so lets not make this an argument of quality vs quantity. We can pick selective stats to prove YK is better JM or vice versa. There is a big difference in quality of that era to this era and Miandad scored those runs in a far more competitive time against superior opponents having his stats maintained all throughout his career.

22. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    Ok

Lets ignore the guy who is smashing all the records despite having a career marred by personal tragedy and politics because the "past is superior to present"

YK personifies mental strength and sometimes that far exceeds talent

23. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    Not sure about that

24. Munna

Munna Kaptaan

Oct 4, 2014
    Yeah let him enjoy a good retired life until Iftikhar Ahmed breaks his records.

25. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    I can understand where @Munna is coming from. Times have changed..playing conditions, bowlers etc etc and its not really fair to compare players from two different eras.

Like lets suppose how many really world class top quality test bowlers we have seen in last 10 years ?

Steyn
    Ashwin
    Herath
    Johnson ??
    Andereson ??

Who else ?

Compare this to past when we had so many world class bowlers. So yeah runs scoring has become bit easy byt that is not YKs fault that he is from thi era . We dont know how he would have fared in previous era against the top quality bowlers..so its really hard to argue over this point.

Though one thing in similar in both that both were gritty and hard working batsmen.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

26. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    Let me guess, Babar Azam who you stated was already a better test bat than YK

27. Munna

Munna Kaptaan

Oct 4, 2014
    Its okay, he suffers from the same heart disease you have for Babar.

28. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    And azhar

29. Munna

Munna Kaptaan

Oct 4, 2014
    Stop editing :mv

Personal tragedies, injuries, politics, life... they are all part of everyone's career. And lets not even take this to mental strength because Miandad is the grittiest cricketer this game has ever seen... his counterparts give his references even today.

30. Munna

Munna Kaptaan

Oct 4, 2014
    Yes its subjective and as @ASLI-PATHAN said its a never ending argument. A thousand or two thousand run difference doesn't make him superior to all other batsmen this country has produced. When Moyo was playing on his peak, even he was touted as the best ever Pakistani batsman.

31. Munna

Munna Kaptaan

Oct 4, 2014
    Btw coming back on topic, I can expect such mind reading and masala reporting from certain local media outlets but even Cricinfo showed this as a front page news lol

32. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    I was talking about Azhar. He's already got around 4K runs, I can see him reach the 10K mark in next 3-4 yrs inshaAllah

33. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    Babar might get there eventually but he has a long way to go. Azhar can get there in next few years

34. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    So he will score around 6k runs in next 3-4 years ?

35. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    3,4 years? LOL

He is playing for the past 7 years and he had just scored 4,500 runs. At this rate he will need at least 10 more years to come close to 10K.

36. Don Duckman

Don Duckman Tracer Bullet

Apr 7, 2014
    They don't have much between their stats. Only 0.5 average difference and 1k runs.

When Miandad achieved an average of 50+, only ATGs had achieved that feat. Nowadays anyone and their mother has an average of 50+.

37. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Not exactly. There are 43 batsmen currently averaging 50+ in test history. 22 of them are from Miandad's era and before him.

38. Don Duckman

Apr 7, 2014
    Yes, and the majority of them are ATGs, unlike Kambli, Pujara, Root etc... Also that is 22 for 130 years of history and then 21 for 20 years.

There is a reason for that, bowlers and pitches are poor nowadays. YK only faced 1 ATG bowler in the last 10 years (Steyn) and failed spectacularly against him.

He is still a Pakistan great but there is no way he can be considered better than Miandad.

This is like someone from West Indies saying that Chanderpaul is better than Viv Richards because he has a better average and more than 10k runs.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  39. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Keep in mind some of the old time batsmen there had played less than 30 tests so not exactly all time greats. As I said this is very subjective debate. And if you go deeper then Miandad had scored heavily at home. 14 of his 23 100's are at home which was fast bowler's graveyard at that time. Ask Dennis Lillee if you have any doubts. So this point that he played better bowlers goes straight out of the window.

40. Don Duckman

Apr 7, 2014
    Yes and Viv Richards only scored 8800 runs (same as Miandad) at an average of 50, compared to Chanderpaul's 12k runs at an average of 52. So I guess you will also agree that everyone will remember Chanderpaul over Viv Richards.

Sometimes stats are not everything. YK is the Chanderpaul (less runs scored still) to Miandad's Viv.