Younis Khan tips Babar Azam Pakistan for Pakistan greatness

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by chandtara, May 21, 2018.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Pakistan great Younis Khan is tipping Babar Azam to eventually fill the sizeable void he left in the Test team.

Younis played his last international match 12 months ago, and since then Pakistan have lost a Test series against Sri Lanka and defeated Ireland in their historic debut in the five-day format.

They next come up against England in a two-match series Younis thinks will be important to blood the future of Pakistan cricket.

And he earmarked Babar, who has made 548 runs in 12 Tests so far in his fledgling career, as a player who has the potential to become a star.

"I think Babar will be [the next Younis]," he told Omnisport.

"I think he's extremely stylish and he has the potential. If he plays, and he works on his fitness, then I think he will perform a lot for Pakistan."

Younis retired at the same time as fellow legend Misbah-ul-Haq, but he is confident there are enough emerging players coming through to carry the team forward.

"They will handle it. People have a lot of concerns about this [struggling to cope with the pressure] but I think they will be okay," he added.

"Babar is growing up and he performs not only in the one-dayers and Twenty20 games, he performs everywhere.

"So, I think they will be able to handle these kinds of conditions and I think Pakistan is in a good shape as well, so I think this will be a nice series."

Asked who he expects to stand out in the Tests against England, Younis replied: "I think Azhar Ali is in good form, I think Asad [Shafiq] needs some back-up and he should lift his game as well.

"So, I think these two and Sarfraz [Ahmed] - he is a good leader. I think they will be able to handle this pressure."

https://www.sportskeeda.com/cricket/younis-tips-babar-for-pakistan-greatness

2. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
  3. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
  4. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    Not the first time YK has praised Babar tbh

5. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Till now Babar had not proved himself in the Test format so I will not agree with Younis here. He might prove me wrong but on the current performances in Tests I will disagree with Younis.

6. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    Babar will come good, you can feel it.

7. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Babar is a good player but his unusual crouched stance and considerable movement before the ball is delivered need to be worked on, he needs to play Tests like he plays T20s and ODIs as his scoring zones are pretty much orthodox, he also needs that one good innings where it all clicks.

Damien Fleming who was commenting in the PSL said that Babar will score lots of runs in Tests through the cover and point region which shows that he was impressed by his ability.

His previous innings at Lords in a ODI was amazing before he got unlucky but now he’s lost some of that elegance and has become more tight.

8. Dare2Dream

Dare2Dream Talented

May 4, 2010
    May be Younis sees himself in him since he didn't start well in tests either

9. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    Younis is a GOAT

If you disagree with him then expect nothing but negative ratings

10. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    @Prince Pathan

11. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    *the

12. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    He is Goat and you are Sheep.

13. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Whispering Death

Nov 13, 2015
    Poor analysis by YK here. It will be a miracle if Babar reaches the stature of YK in Test cricket, as he doesn’t have the potential to be a Test great in the first place.

14. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    @Prince Pathan

15. abc_to_xyz

abc_to_xyz Youngsta Beauty

Nov 20, 2016
    You mean another FTB?

16. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Massive complement from Younis, but he needs to work hard as Younus.

At the moment both are totally different players. Younis was a master against spin but ordinary against pace while Babar's is weak against spin but solid again pace. Against spin, best way to counter it spin, which was Younis's go to short - I have not ever seen Babar playing a sweep shot yet.