1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Younis to promote faith and unity among players for better results

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by indianfan, Mar 4, 2010.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. indianfan

indianfan Banned

Feb 26, 2010
    Newly appointed Pakistan cricket coach Waqar Younis has said his prime focus would be on promoting faith and unity among players, and added that the same team which 'underperformed' in Australia could go on to beat even the best team in the world.

"Its all about promoting unity, faith and discipline.We have the talent and I'm sure that with proper effort we can do much better because in recent times our players have been under-achieving at the international level," Younis said.

The former fast bowler stressed that it was important to inject trust among players which would help them gel together better and play like a cohesive unit.

"We need to unite this team. When you are losing the way we did in Australia, it means that something is wrong somewhere. It means that the boys lack faith. What they need is to bond together and I'm sure things will improve because the talent is there," The News quoted Younis, as saying.

Batting in one of the prime concerns for Younis, and he said besides having Ijaz Ahmed as batting coach he would like to involve former greats like Javed Miandad and Saeed Anwar to help batsmen resurrect flaws in technique.

"I want to get Saeed on board. I'll try and see whether Inzamam will be interested in helping our batsmen. Then there is Javed Miandad. All of them can contribute to our team. It's the Pakistan team. I may be the coach, but I won't own it. The idea is to put the team on the right track and we can all participate in it," he said.

2. Mamoo

Mamoo Youngsta Beauty

Mar 1, 2010
    Other than Inzamam (Creator of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire) I agree with the rest. Good luck to him.

3. zeenix

zeenix Administrator

Dec 17, 2009
    Lo ji. Now even the team performs jack on the field, off the field they'd be hunting for a palatial mansion in the eternal abode by doing Tabligh. Haven't we have had enough of this Tablighi cult already..

4. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    So Vickie is gonna ask the players to do what he and his mates didnt do themselves some 15 years ago? bahhhhh...