Your experiences with other Cricket Websites (especially for Lurkers or Guests)

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Mercenary, Mar 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. leggie786

leggie786 Youngsta Beauty

Sep 6, 2012
    Sorry bro s2k, but ICF is one of the most garbage forums I have been...look what others have to say about it. Just as FTB pointed out, Pakistanis and even cricketers are called terrorists and Islam is mocked. I have been there once and was shocked, literally. Would never go there again. Alhamdulillah CS is the best...:)

2. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    Pakistanalltheway - Posting my signature on PakPassion, eh? :D

"Kindness is a mark of faith, and whoever is not kind has no faith."

3. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    So much has happened in this thread.......

4. Pakistanalltheway

Pakistanalltheway Smooth Operator

Jul 16, 2012
    lol :))

5. Fallen King

Fallen King Banned

Aug 9, 2010
    I have been busy, and this thread somehow has escaped my mind. Sorry for the late reply.

You got that all from anti ICF? For once, stop thinking of the whole word is against you. Even, many Indian would agree with my comments about ICF. I am also member of ICF, and has been unfairly treated. So, i know what i am talking about. Members in ICF are like 'unpar gawar' and the maturity of ICF is grossly overrated. There are trolls and racists everywhere, but the majority you will find are Indian because of population-wise in India, and Indian trolls are nuisance in many sites not just PakPassion. Sometimes, you are gonna have to accept the truth. I care about the site, and i want the quality of Forum to be maintained properly, and if majority of trolls are from ICF, you can't blame the Forum at all, and especially one of Moderators of PakPassion is Indian now.

I am sorry if i have hurt you. It's hard to visit the forum when the forum get trolled, and the quality of forum gets get degraded. I am speaking from the experience of PakCricket, and look what happened to it. I am sure there are many Indian who are not troll, and therefore, they have outstanding positions in PakPassion, and one of them is Moderator.

My point is that we need strict laws where trolls should be strictly dealt with, and even if majority are from ICF, then so be it. I know what kind of quality ICF maintains, and the last thing we need is to affect PakPassion and Cricistan.

Peace!

6. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    I would say that there is as many awful Pakistani trolls at PP as Indians.

7. shokaib

shokaib Youngsta Beauty

Sep 17, 2012
    I am a member of Pakpassion. That is the cricket forum I have followed for many many years. My Id there is shokz1408. Its a great forum, and I visit it several times daily.

8. Shahzebayub

Shahzebayub Smooth Operator

Feb 3, 2012
    Enjoy you time here

9. Pakistanalltheway

Pakistanalltheway Smooth Operator

Jul 16, 2012
    I agree but over the last few days most of the trolls have been Indians probably because of the series and everything .

10. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    Nah.

Its just that the Indian trolls has been on fire lately with their cocky attitude regarding the result of the series...

11. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
  12. FTB

FTB Emerging Player

Dec 16, 2012
    ^
    Have to say, it looks very similar to Cricistan

13. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    Incredibly similar to Cricistan, but keep in mind, the template is probably free to use with forums.

14. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    But then Saj also claims that other websites are copying him :shrug

:lol

15. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    The Cricistan homepage is custom made, it's not a template.

I did say a while back that they were working on a copy of the Cricistan homepage. At least they finally got there! It took them 3 years

16. Shahzebayub

Feb 3, 2012
    Full copy shame saj now he is copying other and he saying others copy him

17. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    Hmm..

Well, When he blames others for copying them then its really like psychological warfare.

He wants attention and people that blames him of copying.

It gives him pleasure to see people wasting their time and giving him undue attention..

18. AZK

AZK Emerging Player

Mar 3, 2010
    I can tell you 10 other websites with the same layout, it is a very standard one these days.

19. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    If it is a template, it seems very pretentious that they are taking the credit for 'all the hard work'. After all, filling out a template can't be THAT hard. Just saying.

20. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    There are hundreds of templates, only some of those templates look like Cricistan, to choose one that is almost a carbon copy instead of one of the many other styles available is a conscious choice.

The biggest give away is the slider. Sliders come in all shapes and sizes, with different navigations, looks and types!! When I chose the slider for Cricistan I considered dozens of other sliders before I settled on this one that they have copied! The same for the countdown, so many choices available!!

But never mind, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ;)

21. shokaib

shokaib Youngsta Beauty

Sep 17, 2012
    I sense alot of negative energy towards PP here. But believe, hatred gets you nowhere. Its like they say, drinking poison and expecting someone else to die from it.

I remember something Suniel shetty said in a movie..
    you can be bigger than somebody without touching them..

lets show you with example of full stops

..............................................................................................

..................................................................................................................................

Without touching the first line the other one has surpassed it.

22. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    If you read my post I said imitation is a form of flattery, I think some of the people who responded are making a point about hypocrisy. PP are always crying about other people copying their stuff when it's usually them copying other people's stuff.

Suniel Shetty? Really? That well known philosopher!!

23. shokaib

shokaib Youngsta Beauty

Sep 17, 2012
    I know, I read the post.. I meant generally alot of your posts I have read in this thread seem to have alot of negative energy towards PP.

Its now whom it is that matters, its what he said. @ Suniel shetty.

I think you've got to set an example. Be the change you want to see. If you think someone is doing wrong, then show them how it should be done, without saying or doing anything untoward to them.

"imitation is a form of flattery".. good. Stay positive. You can put fire out only with water. You can't fight fire with fire, or the fire just gets bigger. :friends

24. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Actually there are techniques used by firefighters where they use fire to put out fire but never mind that for now.

I believe Suniel Shetty probably/maybe/possibly said 'choro yaar' at some point in his life as well, and 'assuming' that he did then let's listen to him.

25. Shahzebayub

Feb 3, 2012
    shokaib got the man what is your purpose

26. Feather

Feather Head Surfer

Dec 19, 2009
    Mercenary imagine if you weren't so lazy and you had gone ahead with the concept/theme Energy had designed for CS about a year earlier. It would have set PP back by couple of years again.

Just to screw with them...develop that theme and set them back another year just to piss em off!

27. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    ROFL @ Suniel Shetty appearance

28. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    I havent seen a Bolly film in a decade, does he still make movies or is this cameo on Cricistan his biggest role in years?

29. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    :lol

This Cameo on Cricistan :p

30. Geordie Ahmed

Geordie Ahmed Emerging Player

Mar 17, 2012
    He had numerous philosophers that he could have gone with BUT he chose to go with a quote from Sunil Shetty, amazing

31. zeenix

zeenix Administrator

Dec 17, 2009
    Akshay Kumar the great sage of our times said in a Film "Chalo yaar".. Great words indeed... Nirvaan for all of us.

32. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman Smooth Operator

Jun 12, 2011
    You can fight fire with fire. Its a well known practice.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controlled_burn

33. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    Shetty made a bit of a stir with that movie a while back, you know the one with that famous sountrack.

34. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
  35. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    Which one?

36. Geordie Ahmed

Geordie Ahmed Emerging Player

Mar 17, 2012
    I think he is referring to the one with the song "Tu Cheez"

37. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    Oh that dum mast qalandar rip off? Jeez that's incredibly old and even in that miss tendon from London stole the show.

38. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    yeah thats the one!:D

39. s2k

s2k Tracer Bullet

Mar 23, 2012
  40. Namak_Halaal

Namak_Halaal Banned

May 12, 2012
    LOL! Where do I begin?

Thread Status: