Zulqarnain Haider to undergo psychiatric treatment

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by chandtara, Sep 10, 2012.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    DUBAI - Pakistan's discarded wicketkeeper, Zulqarnain Haider will be taken to a psychiatrist, revealed Pakistan Cricket Board Chairman Ch Zaka Ashraf.

He said: "I have instructed my officials to search for a good psychiatrist for him. Zulqarnain (Haider) underwent some psychological sessions with Maqbool "Max" Babri, but we still feel some need for him to take psychiatric treatment."

The 26-year-old wicketkeeper Zulqarnain Haider had recently accused his one-time teammate Kamran Akmal of being involved in corruption, adding that he will be bringing forward the proof against him soon. He, however, has failed to substantiate his allegations. Haider also questioned Akmal's inclusion in the team.

Akmal has been picked for Pakistan’s World Twenty20 squad and now playing the matches against Australia in UAE after being out of the national team for over a year.

Babri, who had eight long sessions (including a few hypnosis) with Haider, when approached said: "We finished our sessions two months ago.. Well I suggested to him to focus on his development and learn to say sorry for the mistakes he may have made in the past.

"We can all have done things differently but I think he could have consulted me before going out with such negative comments, after all I am his well wisher and his counsellor. I am impressed with PCB that they sent him for counselling when they could have just ignored him. I know that PCB Chairman, CEO Subhan Ahmad and Intikhab Alam has been discussing him with me and were keen to get him more involved".

http://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2012/09/10/news/sports/zulqarnain-to-undergo-psychiatric-treatment/

2. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    poor from PCB... Instead of talking to Zulqarnain about the stuff he knows, they are just feeding the public with such stories so that they don't listen to him...

SOmetimes, it makes you think the PCB is also involved

3. leggie786

leggie786 Youngsta Beauty

Sep 6, 2012
    ^
    I honestly feel PCB is doing the best thing here.
    Zulqarnain, time and again said he has proof and will disclose it. When is he gonna do it? For two years now he is babbling that, with no developments. I think if he is employed by the PCB, he has to undergo whatever PCB has in store for him. For once, PCB are being professional about it.

4. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    and what is the counseller going to do? Teach him how to choose his words.. what not to type on facebook?

He already got that so called counselling, and what happened?

Zulqarnain has got something, but now PCB is trying to hide this FAKE counseller of theres.. THis is just to divert the attention of the public and media..

I'm not pointing fingers at ZAKA, but i'm pointing fingers at Zakir Khan and Intikhab ALam

5. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    This could be the best thing to happen to Zoni. He needs help and should stick with psychotherapy.

6. leggie786

leggie786 Youngsta Beauty

Sep 6, 2012
    You do realize he can easily give a call to ICC Anti-Corruption unit, if he doesn't trust the PCB.
    He can reveal all the information through the media as well, and be an instant hero.
    What is stopping him?

All I see is, Zulqarnain is very immature, and is making sensational claims without proof. It can also be a case of professional jealousy. But it is totally false to accept that Zulqarnain knows something. He really doesn't. It is 2 years now. When is he gonna reveal everything? 50 years later?

7. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    someone who has been trying for the last 10 year to get a spot in the team, and when he finally secures a spot(with that 88) he would not run away, so there must be something behind it

8. Pakistanalltheway

Pakistanalltheway Smooth Operator

Jul 16, 2012
    glad hes getting the help he needs

9. Invictus

Invictus Talented

Feb 15, 2010
    @shahrukh619

His spot was not secure. Anyone who has seen him bat knows this. Hell Adnan Akmals spot in the test team is not secure even though he is doing fine by Pakistan standards.
    Zoni has deep deep issues. He has been talking smack for a very long time without producing any evidence. Even his new FB fiasco was a giant ***** move. He needs help I think he has lost his marbles completely.

10. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    Shahrukh sees himself in zoni, thats why iam not surprised at his post. ;)

11. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    ZOni had secured a place in the test team, and had already made a fan following... 1) that 88 runs he scored 2) he scored the winning runs in some odis against SOuth Africa...

I never supported him, because i knew he was a poor batsmen and keeper, but i still remember, how some Pakistani's on PP and Cricistan were supporting him.....

12. Invictus

Invictus Talented

Feb 15, 2010
    I remember those games too. But it was apparent from those games too that he wasn't a good enough keeper or a batsman to secure his place in the team.
    Support on PP or here doesn't mean jack. PP is filled with kids with ADD. They hype everything that moves with a green jersey on till he fails once and then on to the next one. That is not a criteria for anything.

13. waleedw

waleedw Youngsta Beauty

Sep 16, 2012
    Come on if Zulqarnain hasn't disclosed anything of value till now then really he'z got nothing. Like the above poster said Glad he's getting the help he needs.

14. imranrizvi85

imranrizvi85 Youngsta Beauty

Sep 4, 2012
    Zoni needs it bad, making pakistan a bigger joke than it already is.

15. Nazir_ Rules

Nazir_ Rules Youngsta Beauty

Sep 16, 2012
    This guy needs the treatment he's getting, seriously disappointed at all the claims he has been making but not providing sufficient proof, if any at all for what he's saying to back up his claims. I hope he gets well soon.

16. dilbar786

dilbar786 Guest

good news...he can use some

17. shokaib

shokaib Youngsta Beauty

Sep 17, 2012
    He needs it lol :/​

18. Azam6380

Azam6380 Youngsta Beauty

Mar 14, 2010
    He definitely needs it.

sad.